I came to Texas Station because it was close to North Las Vegas Airport, where I am receiving pilot training. It’s not really that close to any normal Vegas touristy things. Which is a good thing to me, but probably not for others.
1. The buffet (B/L/D) is cheaper than a value meal at McDonalds! And while it’s nothing fancy, they have good variety and helpful servers.
2. 18 theater Regal cinema. My MMM (mormon married man) nightlife consisted of movies. Used up all my costco regal tickets.
3. Right Next to the Wal-mart. For all those little things you forgot to pack.
4. Everybody is really friendly and helpful. I’m sure customer service is important when your off the strip
5. Free WIFI (at reduced speeds)
6. Security everywhere. This is not a druggie or hooker casino. Or at least…not anymore? It may have been in the past hence the security guys every 20 yards.
7. The price! Yes they have the pesky resort fee. So does every other vegas hotel. Still a bargain in comparison.
1. The shower…..Bring your own wrench and shower head. Great water pressure filling the tub. As soon as you divert it to the shower……just a trickle. Okay maybe better than a trickle. But not much. I know it the desert, and they are saving water….but I’m a grown man, and would like to shower properly. Don’t bother changing rooms over this. They are all the same.
2. Paid Higher speed WIFI. (But still have the slower free WIFI)
3. This is kind of a Pro and a Con. The rooms are decent. The beds are okay. Pillows are okay. It’s better than a Motel 6. Not as good as a Courtyard. In the Comfort Inn range. Little things….tear in the wallpaper….veneer coming off the door.
4. Did I mention the shower!?
It’s not the place for a swanky stay in Vegas. Seriously….don’t expect a microwave, fridge, and spa for $30 night. ($45 with the resort fee) But for the price, it’s pretty Darn good.
Texas Station Gambling Hall Hotel
2101 Texas Star Lane, North Las Vegas, NV
Hotel Rates | Pictures | Reviews
A family-friendly hotel and casino, situated in Las Vegas, only minutes from the Strip.With an on-site movie theater, a 24-hour bowling alley and 5 different restaurants, there is something for everyone at the Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel. The hotel also boasts a spacious gaming floor, offering slot machines, card games, bingo and sports book.In addition, the Texas Station features a spacious children’s playground, complete with an arcade and a swimming pool.