The D is one of the more challenging properties to rate because it does some things very well and others very poorly. At the end of the day it may come down to what you are doing in Las Vegas. It is not someplace I would absolutely avoid, but there are some concerns.
– Clean rooms, well maintained on a daily basis
– New furniture and updates are comfortable, especially the bed
– Bathroom updates were nice
– Stunning views from higher floors
– Good access to downtown Las Vegas, including East Freemont Street.
– Internet speed is solid
– Why a resort fee? This is a hotel, not a resort.
– It is LOUD. Trust me. I usually don’t care about noise, I did here. I sleep with headphones on … it was still loud.
– Constant problems getting hot water to rooms
– Self parking only on floors 7 or higher of the parking garage (was free for hotel guests)
If I was going back to party late into the night and just needed a clean comfortable bed with a good price, the D is not a bad choice. For anything else, I would probably look elsewhere.
Located in the downtown Las Vegas area, just steps from the world-famous Fremont Street Experience, The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is a lively choice for guests.
This hotel has 638 rooms with cable TV, safes, ironing equipment and hairdryers.
There’s a casino and a year-round outdoor pool and hot tub. Additional amenities include a 24-hour front desk, a business center, Wi-Fi (for a fee) and free parking.
The hotel charges a mandatory daily fee, and there is an additional per-person charge for more than two guests per room.